Tuesday, March 24, 2009

24-03-111YC - Disjointed Thoughts

Computer Systems Online

Enter Authorisation...
*************

Authorisation Accepted.
Please State Intent

...

Intent Stated.

Opening Remote Audio Recording Software


*The recording is full of static and is quite difficult to understand in places*

"Thi... Wormhole.... Unsta.....Can't Find the F....."

*A loud crack is heard*

There... It seems I got a decent connection through a local wormhole somehow..
Well, here I am.
Stuck in a bloody wormhole with only my Magnate and god-knows how many sleepers around me.
well at least I have some old friends at their new Deployed Starbase that we work out of.

Yes, we put up a starbase in wormhole space. It's still hard to believe we can live in this environment.
This afternoon alone we lost a Nighthawk and an Interceptor to sleeper defenses.
Although it was worth it, the technology is amazing, sheer brilliance when the items are studied in detail.

Although I digress, the last few days have been manic.
I have had barely enough time to settle into my new base of operations before being called out to active duty in the wormhole.

Leaving my newly commissioned PMM Phasmatis Sacrelige Class Heavy Assault Cruiser in drydock after only 3 days of use.
A shame really as it is a truly magnificent ship to pilot, responsive and fast, but what continues to astound me is the nanite defense systems are so strong that an entire Guristas attack wing couldn't break through them.

And then there is always news with Ciarente.
The security firm she has hired, whoever they are, found Cia's younger sister Camille.

Cia was on the Summit a few days ago, stressing about being away on agent missions while Camille was left alone.
I offered her the services of my families carers, which she gladly accepted.
I did tell her that I would deploy some of my soldiers to guard them while they where away from Kihtaled.

Later on I was in the Fit to Fly
Some new Capsuleer Gym, although I don't need to use it I thought it might be a good chance to see how I compare to some of my compatriots.
Amieta and Ciarente where there, Cia was doing some basic defense training so I gave her some basic pointers that I am sure she missed, she seemed rather grateful but she seems to lack that enthusiasm many of the younger cadets posses, I wonder if that has something to do with her upbringing, as oposed to the upbringing of a Khanid man.

In any case, while I did some basic weights work Amieta went through her exercises.
They where truly impressive, such fluidity and grace was rather entrancing and it became extremely fast.
Seeing such a display I could not resist in challenging Amieta to a sparring match, Ciarente seemed none to enthused, but It was too good an oportunity to update my knowledge of the average hand-to-hand techniques displayed by other combatants.

In either case, the fight was short and furious, with Amieta's cybernetic arms a real danger when a hit was landed.
My hip is still sore from that.
And her style is alot more dangerous than it appears, she moves fluidly and very quickly to counteract any agressive moves and punishes mistakes.
Of which I made more than I was comfortable with.

*A large static burst creates a large amount of feedback*

Damn! the wormhole is collapsing.

Computer, Save and store in secure.

Now!

Initiative Autherised.
File Saved.

Shutdown Initiated

Security Locks Activated.
Defense Systems Online.

Power Down in 3.. 2...


*Static silence*

No comments:

Post a Comment