Sunday, March 22, 2009

21-03-111YC - Diversion

Computer Systems Online

Enter Authorisation...
*************

Authorisation Accepted.
Please State Intent

...

Intent Stated.

Opening Audio Recording Software


Where to start.
Where to go with this eventful tale of my life.

Hmm...

Well Vigilia Valeria Expeditionary Forces are closing down.
They are merging with the original corporation, known as the 1st Praetorian Guard.
An illustrious corporation with a long history of successful campaigns for the Empire.

But I found home calling.
When the order went out to drop all roles and apply to "1PG" I did as ordered, but refrained from sending a re-asignment sheet out.

Tiryan Khanid called.
He said I was needed.
He said the Ghosts called for the spider.

He said there wasn't much time.

Phasmatis Miles Militis

Ghost Soldiers

My brothers in arms.
The men I served with in the navy.

Aparently they went rogue not long after I was removed forcibly from my post.
Aparently Tiryan led them personally.
Aparently he had to take a drastic step by resorting to a pre-deployment clone.

It explained why he can't fly more than a frigate these days.
But he has lost none of his ability to lead.

After this call to arms I agreed to move into that corporation.
When he mentioned that it was soon to be part of a new alliance.
And he wanted me to become part of its core leadership.

I am still not quite sure how to take that. Needless to say, I accepted the offer and am now trying to prepare the corporation and set it straight.
Although only having a small Capsuleer base, the ground-side men are still there.
And they can provide all the security we need for that side of business.

Then the problems occured.
After my final deployment for my current corporation in Aphend I ran into the Ushra'Khan.
In my Paladin.
They strugled for what seemed like hours while my crew and the ship fought desperately to keep the capacitor charging and the nano-bots working.
And for a time they did hold, and they held so well that the readouts where near perfect.

Then they brought re-inforcements.

A Manticore and a Vagabond.

My defenses where overwhelmed with the sheer ferocity of the Autocannon fire and thunderous explosions of overloaded cruise missiles.

The entire crew perished.
Along with nearly eight months work.

I honestly don't know how I am still coherant.
I don't know why I wasn't overwhelmed with grief.

Instead I prayed to god and cleared the hangar and moved to the State.
How have I become so heartless
How can I just brush off the death of nearly seven thousand people.
Maybe some of the arguements about us not being human have some credence.
Maybe there is some element of truth to this debate.

In any case, I had to get in contact with the DED and make sure they file the resignation papers and acknowledge the new ones.

Initiative Autherised.
File Saved.

Shutdown Initiated

Security Locks Activated.
Defense Systems Online.

Power Down in 3.. 2.. 1..

No comments:

Post a Comment