Wednesday, March 18, 2009

18-03-111YC - Musings

Computer Systems Online

Enter Authorisation...
*************

Authorisation Accepted.
Please State Intent

...

Intent Stated.

Opening Audio Recording Software


Ah well, I think it is time I updated my logs.

To be honest it has been a rather uneventful period of late.

Just the usual work, along with a few moments of interest...

I was at home in Aphend a few days ago, which is unusual, but it does happen
*Soft laughter can be heard*
In any case, Ciarente Roth dropped by.
Which, needless to say was a pleasant surprise.
Although she had a very strange request for such a frail person.
She wanted me to teach her how to shoot.

Now this is no problem for me, but.
But it felt strange to see this thin Intaki women standing beside me, trying to imitate my posture as I show her how to aim, load and fire a side-arm pistol.
It was strange to once again be teaching a person how to kill another person.

In any case, she seemed to be at least able to hit her target.
Although she may have been slightly overwhelmed when I showed her my training regime.
A dark corridor filled with multiple targets and scant cover, all holographic.
But very convincing.

Either way, she learnt what she needed to know.

Then there is the other point of interest for the time.

Wormholes.

These natural phenomena, or blessed creations of our lord God.
Whichever route you choose.
Are wonders of untold glory and beauty.

I scanned one of these marvels down not two days ago, in my loaned Exploration Frigate.
After running a few prelimary diagnostics I sojurned into the wormhole.

What an amazing place it is, this sleeper space.
These highly aggressive drones with call signs refering to some sleeper name.

They are strange, and exceedingly powerful.
After focusing the probes on one location I warped to it to determine the nature of the complex when, upon entering the area I was promptly locked and opened up on by these drones.

Their lasers are a class above our own.
They hit with a force unseen before, and have these incredible ships.

It's truly amazing what they are, I would love more time to disect them and see what improvements could be made to our own technology from looking at these machines.
Although they are very hard to survive, let alone destroy.

So I think I will leave that endeavor to others.

*Bleeping can be heard in the background*

Ah well, duty calls once again.

I will update this again when time allows.

Maybe.

Initiative Autherised.
File Saved.

Shutdown Initiated

Security Locks Activated.
Defense Systems Online.

Power Down in 3.. 2.. 1..

No comments:

Post a Comment