Monday, June 8, 2009

08-06-111YC - Bittersweet Poison

Computer Systems Online

Enter Authorisation...
*************

Authorisation Accepted.
Please State Intent

...

Intent Stated.

Opening Manual Recording Software


Hmm, it's been a long few days since I last entered a log.

I would have entered one earlier but I haven't been able to summon up either the courage or the time to sit down and write it out.

Well I suppose I should continue from where I left off.
Reimei, Hikari, Morwen, Amaterasu, Marius, Jianna and I met in the gate on the 4th.
We spoke simply and for a short time before we left.

This is what I had prepared the crew for, called in the extra Marines and found the Admiral banging down my door, demanding to lead them.

We set off to capture the head of the slavers who where hunting Reimei and Amaterasu.
We where expecting a small fleet, maybe 20 ships in total.

Easily within the bounds of what we could deal with.

It didn't go to plan.

Infact, the plan went to hell, was rejected for not being ****ed up enough.
And then threw it back out and decided to pit us against a REVELATION Class Dreadnought and something in the region of 80 ships.
Quite a number of them Capsuleer ships.

I still am amazed we came out of it alive.

Hmmm... Reimei called us to stick to the plan.
The plan that sent a handfull of men against the Entire Bridge crew of a Revelation.
A plan that required the internal detonation of the ships warp core and major systems.
A plan that killed the Admiral.

He died on that ship, he died so that we could live, us... Capsuleers.
He stayed on that ship to personally ensure that the override worked, and that the ship did blow up.

He ****ing died for us.
I can't quite come to grips with it still....
He is gone.
Like my father, and now my surrogate father as well.

The rest of that fight is a blur, I remember moments when I forced the ship further than I though possible, hit targets at ranges and speed I never could have even thought of.

And saw so many men die that it would make any man weep for shame at causing such destruction.

Even though one moment of sheer terror when the dreadnought died, if blew the siege core and destroyed more than three full quarters of the damned fleet.

And another.

Another when Amaterasu and Morwen flew into the bowels of the last battleship.
And my ship rocking as an overcharged blast from the guns burned a hole big enough to fit them in.

Then I don't remember anything, the next thing I remember is praying next to Jianna somewhere in a station.

Then blackness.

Initiative Authorised.
File Saved.

Shutdown Initiated

Security Locks Activated.
Defense Systems Online.

Power Down in 3.. 2.. 1..

No comments:

Post a Comment