Tuesday, May 26, 2009

26-05-111YC - Contrasting shadows

Computer Systems Online

Enter Authorisation...
*************

Authorisation Accepted.
Please State Intent

...

Intent Stated.

Opening Manual Recording Software


Well.
I met an interesting person today.

Normally I wouldn't enter this into my logs, but I found him interesting enough that I think it warrants an entry.

After finally clearing the release papers for my crews and officially hiring the men and women as employee's under contract from Phasmatis Miles Militis I decided to make my way to the Last Gate in the odd chance I might run into Ciarente or Amieta.

Well, they weren't there.
But who was made the entire trip worth while.
Aldrith, Morwen and Verone made up for the usual and familiar faces, but there where two rather unfamiliar ones that piqued my interest.

These two unfamiliar people where a sharp faced Civire who was latter introduced as Reimei Kaminamida and a companion of his, a younger Brutor women, although I failed to find her name if I see Reimei again I will be sure to ask him.

In any case I entered to the sight of the group huddled together with the Brutor women asleep on Morwen, who was comforting the poor child while Aldrith sat looking distraught.
I do worry about him, first with Maximullis. Now with this incident, I will have to talk to him about this.

In any Reimei explained in a whisper that the reason for the discomfort was Verone has shot and killed a Khanid slaver in front of everyone, completely decapitating the poor women and leaving a horrid mess.
Apparently she was making enough of a fuss Verone took things into his own hands.

After a few minutes observing the group quietly from where I stood Reimei took the Brutor women back to his ship and Morwen left at the same time.
Aldrith really did seem out of sorts at that point...
Which truly is a concern for me.

When Reimei returned and re-joined me we started to talk casually, Aldrith excused himself abruptly after a short time and left us alone.

I took this opportunity to quiz the intriguing man and determine what sort of person he was.

Well, it turned out he managed to keep a cool and level head after I made a display of being the very anathema of his ideals and very similar to the slaver he had just witnessed shot.
He passed that with ease, which pleased me to no end.

I think I will have to keep in contact with this man, his head is in the right place and... for some unbeknown st reason.
I like the man.

After continuing to talk in earnest for a while more and divulging the information that he was the man who assaulted the Servitor Industrial ship 12 years ago.
A barely remembered event but the Admiral and my father always stressed the importance of knowing events in the past so as not to repeat the mistakes made there.

Definitely interesting...

But I should be working.
These crews won't organise themselves.
And with one crew and ship on loan to Ms. Kei I need to keep the others busy with maintaining their ships.

Initiative Authorised.
File Saved.

Shutdown Initiated

Security Locks Activated.
Defense Systems Online.

Power Down in 3.. 2.. 1..

No comments:

Post a Comment