Monday, February 23, 2009

23-02-111YC - A Trip Home

Computer Systems Online

Enter Authorisation...
*************

Authorisation Accepted.
Please State Intent

...

Intent Stated.

Opening Audio Recording Software


I'm going to try this manually for once I think, instead of leaving the system on passive observe.

It's nice to be back home.
Funny how I now think of my apartment in Aphend my home.

Anyway, I have been to my birth-place for the last week or so, the time became blury.
It has been so long since I saw anyone from that planet...

Kihtaled II that is...

This time when I landed, I was not greeted by the silence of an empty room.
Instead I recieved the thunderous applause of the entire city, which appeared to have arrayed at the port to greet me, the local capsuleer hero.

I... I was overwhelmed to say the least.

My home city had aparently garnered information of my iminent arrival and had planned an enourmous welcoming.

This welcoming lasted two entire days.
During which time I was rather abruptly reminded about the local customs, which wasn't a bad thing as it saved me from a potential extremely embarrasing situation.

As the festivities came to an end I had arranged to go back to my families land after meeting with my Grandparents earlier that day to spend time with my family.

But to thrust directly at the point.

I was walking along a dark street disguised in a monks robe.
Just taking in the planet and city that I grew up in.

Remembering all the tales and stories held within those long buried memories

When is was thrown out of my reverie by a man appeared beside me in a similar robe.
I was surprised initially, but even more so when he spoke to me and called me by my name.

It...
It was Tiryan Khanid.

A man whom I had not seen for many long years and who had been responsible for both my release and subsequent escape from Amarrian Authority

and before that.

My Commanding Officer in the Navy.

the one man I thought I could trust with my life after my father's demise.
And there he was, standing beside me in a dark alley.
On MY home planet.
Knowing full well what could happen if I so desired.

It didn't make sense

He said he had been looking for me since I rejoined the Empire.
He said that he had some explaining to do.
He said a great many things.

But what he didnt say.

was why.

Why was he there, why he was not surrounded by armed guards, why he was there for me.

why?

Why is always a question greater than it's answer, so spake it wisely or not at all my son.

Father's words coming back to haunt me, every time I seen Tiyran I see my father's ghost behind him.

I agreed to meet him back in space when I was finished on planet.

He said he had some explaining to do.

Computer, save recording and store in personal files.
Then Initiate shutdown

Initiative Autherised.
File Saved.

Shutdown Initiated

Security Locks Activated.
Defense Systems Online.

Power Down in 3.. 2.. 1..

No comments:

Post a Comment