Thursday, January 22, 2009

22-1-111YC - A Long Journey

Math'ra walks slowly into his quarters, breathing heavily he slumps down on his favorite couch.

Sighing heavily he looks up at the ceiling.

"What a day... a long long day.

Scouting in Nul Sec in semi-friendly space for a new corporate venture where we nearly had an incident with some of the locals.

Jump-Cloning 30 systems to retrieve my Judgment Paladin-Class Marauder.
Then, as part of a diplomatic relations project for the corporation, flying to Gallente space to talk with some diplomats about resource contracts.

Then Ciarente called, she was having some serious issues with an Agent Mission in Vay, seeing as I was in a nearby system I flew over to assist her, along with a certain Abbess Kor-Azor, who's name is familar, but I can't place it.."

Math'ra lies down on the sofa and notes the computer blinking at him again.

Pulling up a holo of his ship he sits their watching it sit in space.

Serene and steady.

"The mission itself was no problem, aproximately twenty small Angel Cartel Frigates with one Cruiser.
I suspect one of the frigates was a rookie Pod Pilot for the Cartel, as it prooved a lot harder to neutralise.

It took maybe a quarter of an hour at most."

Math'ra Hiede sits up and pulls out a hardcopy picture of a beautiful young Khanid woman

"It was after that I visited the Caldari State's Leviathan-Class Titan, Orbiting Caldari Prime in Luminaire.

I started to reflect on some things that I hadn't thought about for a long time"

Shaking his head, as if trying to clear his mind of unwanted thoughts.

"I needed to relax, so I stopped in at the Gate, just making it into dock after Ms. Roth

But I was delayed by some obnoxious Guristas station manager who insisted on having my vessel scanned.
No idea what for though.

But I stopped in at the gate for a little while and ran into Ciarente, slightly drunk already and talking with Silver Night.
She proceeded to fling herself onto me and worship me for my herioc action in saving her and her crew."

Math'ra turns to face a wall where a small holo of his family was displayed, His Mother and Father, and his younger sister.

He shivered

"I am no hero, If anything I'm a Heretic, cast out of the Empire I swore to protect and defend.

I'm not that special.

But aparently that made no difference to Ms. Roth, as she got progressivly drunker she started embelishing the story and making me sound even more couragious ad heroic, barely mentioning Abbess Kor-Azor who came and did alot of the work."

Math'ra forms a faint smile on his lips before continuing

"It was even funny and I started to relax, and seeing as she thought it was some sort of occasion I got some shots of Single Malt Whiskey for her to try.

First one we had, she was still co-herant and relatively sober, although she didn't cope with it well and had to drink extensively from the can of Quafe that Zergeth Kelja had sent over.

Second one was worse, she was well and truly drunk.

we should have stopped but we didn't, I was enjoying myself and not thinking entirely straight."

Math'ra walks back over to the couch and slumped back down into it's comfortable embrace.

"Zergeth now joined us and Ciarente flung herself at Kelja apologising for all sorts of things, during this Amieta joined us and agreed to have a drink as well.

The third whiskey we shared finally knocked the poor Intaki women out, she fell asleep on the floor of the Gate

Seeing as I was the only one who knew where he ship was, I carried her back to her quarters and left her on her bed."

Math'ra begins to tremble and he looks at his shaking hand

"It was so strange, having the young women lying infront of me, sound asleep and seemingly content.

I... I choked up... It was too much like Yuri.

The girl I knew back home, before I was a pod pilot and everything changed.

I got a sense of De Ja Vu, it was exactly like It had been before.

I had taken Yuri home after a long night, I barely even knew her then.

But I fell asleep on the chair outside her room.
To remain proper, as both of our familes where Zealots, they didn't allow anything that could be taken sexually before marriage, thats where I stayed.

This was too much, I fled - I ran to god knows where, some dark alley in the god-forsaken.."

Math'ra laughed harshly

"I AM god-forsaken, so maybe it was appropriate, but it was somewhere in the damned Guristas base.

Then they tried to mug me, some random thugs that had no markings on them, 3 of them.

I.. I defended myself, turning and using all those years of hand-to-hand combat training, grabing the nearest and breaking his arm and kicking his face, sending him reeling unconscious into a wall which must of split his skull because it sounded bad.

The second and third had backed off and pulled knives, then the second thug had charged.

I spun and pulled one of my guns, a trusty Kaalakiota Military Issue pistol.

I shot him three times in the back, every single anti-matter shot tearing apart his spine and most of his torso.

The third thug stopped and went to back away and run, but I pulled the second gun and shot his right knee, severing his damned leg.

He tried to crawl, but I walked up and kicked him over.

He tried to plead, but all I did was shoot him."

Math'ra leans down and puts his head in his hands.

"What have I become, when I murder 3 men without so much as a second thought."

Math'ra stands up and looks at the computer

"Save file and store in Personal Files, then initiate shutdown"

No comments:

Post a Comment